Nutrition Facts Label
Detailed nutrition facts label for Al Fresco, Country Style Chicken Sausage.
How to Understand and Use the Nutrition Facts Label
1. Check the Serving SizeThe serving size on the Nutrition Facts Label is the amount of food in one serving, such as 1 cup or 1 slice. It’s important to compare the serving size on different foods to make sure you’re getting an accurate comparison of nutrition information.
2. Look at CaloriesCalories provide a measure of how much energy you get from a serving of this food. If you’re trying to lose weight, it’s important to pay attention to calories and choose foods with fewer calories per serving.
3. Check Total FatTotal fat includes all types of fat, including saturated fat and trans fat (also called trans fatty acids). Eating too much saturated fat can increase your risk for heart disease and other health problems, so it’s best to choose foods with less saturated fat and no trans fats.
4. Look at Sodium ContentSodium is an important nutrient but too much sodium can increase your risk for high blood pressure and other health problems. It's best to choose foods with less sodium per serving if possible.
5. Consider Other NutrientsThe Nutrition Facts Label also lists other nutrients like fiber, vitamins, minerals, and proteins that are important for good health—so don't forget to check these too!